Saturday, May 31, 2008

Mother's Day, May 11th 2008

So, Mother's Day occured this year on May 11th, 2008. This year was an especially important one for Paul and I, as my Mom (the champ) has recovered quite well from her diagnosis and treatment for breast cancer. Mom, Julie and I were relaxing upstairs at my parents' house, after a family church service, and bbq lunch afterwards. Paul was playing downstairs with our newphews and nieces, while talkin' shop with Dad. It was nice to just relax, mom, sis, and I.

I briefly shared with mom and sis that I was a bit "late" this month, and expectedly my sister wanted to race to the drug store to get a pregnancy test. She loved being pregnant, in fact by my age she had already popped our her third, and she loves being a mom (she's a great one too). Anyhow, I didn't even take it seriously at the time, thinking it was just all of the exercise and diet change from this past month- I was working towards swimsuit season, and being a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding! Yeah- that's it- that causes you to be a few days late, right?

We only spoke about it for a few minutes, at most, but I won't forget that moment. It was the first time that I was even 10% convinced that this might be really real. For the next few days, I became more and more worried, it was 4 days late, then 5, then 6, then 7, and by the 8th day, it was inevitible, off to the drug store I went...

No comments: