Monday, May 10, 2010

Drs appt #1 with baby #2

I still think it's just CRAZY that I am starting to talk about baby #2. Some days I feel completely unprepared for what is to come, and all I can do is focus on all of the wonderful, positive emotions and experiences we had with Ginger as a newborn.

Today, my doctor's appointment finally arrived and I got to go see our little nugget. Dr. Basu waits until at least 8 weeks, unless you are high risk, so it was killing me to wait so long! I actually thought I was 9 1/2 weeks along, but it turns out I am 8 weeks, 4 days. So our due date has been pushed back to December 16th. Yes, folks, just 9 days before Christmas we will be having our child (more or less!) Pure craziness...

Dr. Basu is the most wonderful doctor, and if you've read my blog from the start you'll know I've gone through 3 OB/GYNs due to job changes, and preferences. But she, my friends, is wonderful! She came into the office and HUGGED me, and said she couldn't wait to see the little one so she asked if we could start with the ultrasound first. UM, YEAH! I said, of course! She is just so friendly, and positive, I feel like I'm talking with my friend (who happens to know everything about everything!) She said the baby looks fantastic, no visible issues (of course, this is only 8 weeks) and gave me the low-down on everything I'd half-forgot about since going through this pregnancy the first time around. She approved my approach of 2 children's multivitamins with a side dose of folic acid (I'd read it cuts down on the 1st trimester nausea, and as noted earlier I have has MUCH less nausea). Later in my 2nd trimester I'll need to add a few more supplments, which she specified.

All in all, I left the hospital almost skipping through the lobby. I called Paul and shared all the news, and he can't wait to see the ultrasound pics when he gets home. While this all is still a bit surreal, being back at the 3rd floor of Kaiser made it a bit more real today. I am such a happy girl! (Oh yeah, but still tired!)

2 comments:

Jenni M. said...

I just came across your blog and thought I'd share my little "nugget of wisdom" with having a December baby as I did this in 2008.....Get your holiday shopping done by the end of Sept or beginning of October. I set myself a deadline of Sept 30 and had it done by about Oct 7. This saved me SO much headache as the arrival approached.

Love your blog. Hope you don't mind me following along. I don't update mine a lot but you are welcome to check it out.

Wendy G said...

Thanks Jenni! I love when I get followers outside of my immediate friends and family!! Thanks for your words of advice, I think I'm going to incorporate that strategy of a Sept 30th deadline!!!