Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Success!!!

It only took 5 nights, but it has happened. Thank goodness- I was about to give up after a few rough patches in transitioning to the toddler bed, and now I'm glad I didn't! Just a few moments ago, Ginger and I read stories in her room (of course, incorporating Elmo's "big enough for a bed" story, which I cannot emphasize enough how invaluable that book has been!) and then she got in bed, I put her blanket over her, we turned on her ladybug nightlight, and sang twinkle twinkle little star. Then a kiss, hug, our classic "sweet dreams" and "I love you" exchanges, and mommy walked out and closed the door. I watched as I exited, and she snuggled into her blanket, got comfy, and settled in. No crying, whimpering, struggles, she is (I hope!) officially settled in her big girl bed. I literally walked down the hall raising my hands in victory. Paul is gone tonight in Vegas at the SEMA show, so of course the timing couldn't be worse as I would have loved for him to experience this together. We've worked through this together though, in fact last night he was able to put her to sleep without fussing (but he did rock her almost completely to sleep) so I knew it was possible. But tonight she did it all on her own, with some reassurance and love from me. Wow she's getting to be such a big girl!