Saturday, June 28, 2008

Keeping it 'Tucked In'

You know, for most of my life I've been hitting the gym, always trying to work towards a flat stomach, but never really getting there. Some summers were better than others, but I've always had the conscious need to keep things 'tucked in', shall we say, in my midsection. Recently, I had accepted it, got used to it, heck even reveled in the fact that it meant I could have an ice cream or a beer once in awhile, and as long as I felt healthy and active, then I wouldn't worry about it as much.

Which makes it so weird now, having a little baby tummy. I have to remind myself often that I can let it all hang out. I catch myself all the time standing up straight, with good posture, keeping the tum-tum 'tucked in' (some of you women know just what I mean)...

I suppose when the baby tummy is more pronouced, and obvious that I'm carrying a baby rather than eating too many big lunches, it'll become more normal to me. And I'm sure at some point in the next month or two, this won't even be an issue- I won't be able to keep it 'tucked in' no matter how hard I try!

1 comment:

kymberli q. said...

Ha! I know what you mean, Wendy! Next month we are going to a country concert and I told Al that I might have to get a tee that says something about being pregnant so people just don't think I've got a bad pooch going on! LOL

I can't wait til we REALLY start showing!