Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Today at work, I taught my monthly training class to store managers called "Staffing the 3rd Place". In this class, our managers learn about forecasting, sourcing, assessing, and hiring new hourly talent for their stores. I always enjoy teaching this class, as I get an opportunity to provide real time learning to new managers, and I see lightbulb moments all day long!

However, now being pregnant, speaking for 6 hours has become a bit challenging! I warned the class ahead of time that my 3 water bottles would probably be consumed throughout the day, and I found myself short of breath multiple times! Good thing the class incorporates activity-based training, as I had short breaks throughout the day, when they store managers would work in small groups. I don't think I would have made it otherwise! I am interested to see how this monthly class plays out for me in my 4th-9th month of pregnancy- if I'm already short winded, I can only imagine what life will be like in a few months!

No comments: