Wednesday, March 25, 2009

2 month vaccinations...


Ginger took a trip to the doctor's office today, and received her first full round of vaccinations. Being a first time mommy, I decided to take along Ginger's godmother (and my BFF) Shanna, as she's a nurse so she knows what's normal, vs. not. I am pleased to share the Ginger was a champ, and shed just a few tears while taking the shots. Within minutes she was back to smiling at Shanna, and we were on the road. This afternoon after waking from her nap, she was definitely sore and unhappy, but a little tylenol fixed the problem and other than being a little sleepy, she's been fine.

Some other good news- this little girl weighs in now at 13.1 lbs. and is 23 inches long. That puts her in the 95th and 90th percentile, respectively. That makes mommy happy!!

2 comments:

kymberli q. said...

So glad things went well! She's a good growing girl. I'll be surprised if Riley is even 12 right now. She's so tiny but the girl does eat! LOL

I did the same thing - I took pictures of her with the bandaids! LOL I even put the bandaids in her baby book. :)- Anyway, glad she did well!! And that's a cute picture. I love the pictures from that angle!

Anonymous said...

Poor baby boo. I know it's hard for them. The first appt was harder for me than Jacob. For his 6 month shots I asked the nurse if I could hold him. She hesitantly agreed but it made the world of difference for Jacob. I love the super cool bandaids on Miss Ginger's leggies. She is soooo beautiful Wendy, and I love how she sticks her tongue out in the pics. It's almost like it's her signature.