Sunday, March 29, 2009

THE luckiest girls in the world...

This past Friday afternoon, around 2pm, I put Ginger down to sleep and felt my back "pop". This isn't a new phenomena- I have had back problems since I was 17, when it was identified that I have 3 herniated discs. These discs sometimes bulge onto my nerves and create what's called sciatica. It is excrutiatingly painful, and I called Paul right away. Luckily, Ginger napped while I waited for Paul to get home, and from that moment until now, I feel like the luckiest girl in the world (Ginger does too).

Paul has picked her up, held her, rocked her, brought her to me to nurse, picked her up to burp, played with her, sang to her, bathed her, watched cartoons with her, and put her down for her naps. He has taken all overnight duties (except nursing, of course, but he brings her to me and then rocks her afterwards).

While Ginger napped, he has emptied her diaper trashcan, washed her laundry, loaded the dishwasher, emptied the dishwasher, cooked us T-bone steaks, and cleaned out three drawers in the kitchen. He has also brought in a favorite chair of mine into the living room (good for my back) and brings me ice packs every hour. He reminded me to take motrin on schedule to help reduce the inflamation. He has assertively stated for me to sit down and relax when I tried to help out around the house.

Ginger adores him. She and Paul will lay together on the floor, on her favorite blanket, and play with her toys while watching cartoons. He has taught her how to hold and shake a rattle this weekend! We all watched The Notebook together yesterday (my favorite movie, and he loves all the old cars/the era of the movie so he likes it too) and as I looked at my little family, I realized that she and I are the luckiest girls in the world to have such a wonderful husband and father. I feel truly, truly blessed.

1 comment:

Sammy's Mommy said...

AAAHHHH Wendy!!
That was the sweetest thing ever!! You are pretty easy to love though honey!! Cheers to Paul for holding on to a good thing and making her feel like a princess!!