Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Commute? What Commute?!?

Today is day #1 of working from home, and I have to say that I am enjoying it thoroughly! Although I am behind closed doors in my office, I can hear my mom with Ginger out in the front room and it's so awesome that I can go out and visit with her at lunch and on a break or two. She's been a little under the weather these past 2 days- she has 2 new teeth coming in (top right and one bottom) so she's been drooling and in pain for a few days. Then on top of that, 2 nights ago she had just finished her last feeding of the night, and she choked on it because of all her drool and it ended up coming back up and out her nose. So little one was a bit stuffed up but is recovering swiftly!

There is a light sprinkle outside right now, this first bit of rain was what inspired me to talk to my boss about transitioning to working from home more often. He was completely supportive and is just great. We have found a small, in home daycare just a few miles up the hill, so Ginger will start going in the mornings, and most likely will come home right before her afternoon nap, on the days I work from home.

So, I can't complain. I'm a happy gal :)

1 comment:

Tyler Haugen said...

Wendy - it sounds simply perfect! So glad they were so supportive of working from home...it will make a huge difference!