Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pickin' Pumpkins at Peltzer Farms

I have been having so much fun with Ginger these days, that's it's hard to even stop and take the time lately to write about it! Paul, Ginger and I, along with my mom and dad, visited Peltzer Farms on Friday evening, which is down in Temecula. Afterwards we went to dinner in Old Town Temecula, where there is a big hot rod cruise/show. We had such a fun night together, and I was so happy to watch Ginger gaze at her first pumpkin patch.

Ginger is becoming such a thoughtful, funny little girl. I can see just the cusp of her personality developing, and it is amazing to see her grow, right before our eyes. Yes, you see other people's kids grow, but it's really not the same as seeing this reflection of you, getting just a wee bit older overnight.

There was a sign at the pumpkin patch that measured kids height and it would be fun to go back next year to see her progress. The Peltzer Farm was really just what I was looking for- lots of families, a small petting zoo, pig races, a corn maze, pony rides, train that takes you around the farm. But it's not glamourous, and is kind of out of the way, so it really had that feel of a good secret that you only want to tell your friends about.

Ginger was a champ the whole night. She laughed, gazed, smiled, wondered, and I did the same. One for the memory books :)










1 comment:

Jumping Lizard Girl said...

I LOVE these photos. Ginger is ADORABLE. So darn cute!