Friday, October 16, 2009

First Day with "Miss Maureen"...

Today was Ginger's first day with Miss Maureen, who runs a small home daycare called Happy Kids Day care. It is about 3 miles away from us, in a nice community with parks and nice homes. Miss Maureen only watches one 2 year old little girl full time, and then has 2 children she watches PT for a few hours 3 times a week. She's licensed and CPR certified, which I was glad to hear.

We decided to ease Ginger in today by having Paul take her over there just for the 3 1/2 hours between her morning and afternoon nap. We decided Paul would take her because he took the day off today, and also so I didn't have to experience the trauma of first day jitters.

From what I hear, Ginger was a champ! We had already visited Maureen's house once, so I'm told that they arrived, went to the playroom, introduced Ginger to 2 year old Breannah (who Paul says is an absolute doll!) and Ginger and Breannah started playing together. He slipped out after several minutes and she didn't make a peep after he left!

Here is the email I received after Paul picked her up a few hours later:

Hi Wendy,

Paul just came to get Ginger. She had a good time playing with Breannah. Oh my gosh...she is so cute. She ate really well (everything) and is such a good baby. Never cried. A joy to watch.
I'll see you on Monday.

Thanks,
Maureen


Thankfully we did this so after I got to spend the whole weekend with her. But if she is this easy to transition, I will have considered myself very lucky. I know cute little Breannah is helping my cause by giving Ginger a playmate, but whatever works!

1 comment:

Lindsay Elise said...

Hello darling~ I thought I'd check in and see what you're up to. We met Marie, Scott & Mia at the beach today for a picnic of Hodad's burgers :) It was a great visit and Mia is so cute! She poured some sand down me bum, but all in good fun ;) Anyhoo, now that I have another topic to add to our growing list, we need to plan a visit!!! And I'd love to see Ginger too! xo