Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Proud mommy moment...

On the way home from daycare this afternoon, as always I asked Ginger about her day ("How was your day"? "Good", "What did you do?" "ou-sid" (played outside) "What else?" "color"..) I think we have this same conversation every day, so it kind of is our special thing...well today, as usual, I asked her if she wanted to sing a song, which she replied (as typical) "♪la♪la♪la♪la♪la♪". Again, we go through this every day, nothing special or "new" news to report.

However, just for fun, I thought it would be fun to say letters to Ginger, and see if she would repeat them. I had no inclination that she would even pay attention, as this was not part of our typical conversation. So i assumed this might take awhile to integrate.

Well, SO not true! I say "A", she repeats it...clearly. Then "B", again, clear as night, repeats it. We go through "C", "D", "E", and then she stumbles on "F". But this was not just the sound. It was crystal clear letter formations coming out of her mouth.

Of course, my jaw was dropped to the floor. I know everyone thinks their child is intelligent, but at this moment I though she was pure genius. I was so proud that she was this far, not having had worked on it with her. I will be sure to ask Maureen tomorrow if she's started to introduce letters, but for now, I'm just reveling in the moment. :)

1 comment:

Rina said...

Had the same experience with Zech recently! Don't you just love it when they surprise you with their level of knowledge and intelligence? Seriously. Kids Rock!