Monday, August 10, 2009

6 month drs appt (almost a month late!)

Ginger's 2 month doctor's appointment was scheduled 2 weeks late because we were working through new insurance, and her 4 month appointment had to be scheduled no sooner than 2 months later, which pushed us out to being 3 weeks late for that. This 6 month appointment again had to be scheduled no sooner than 2 months later, and so we are now almost 4 weeks behind schedule. Gotta love stingy insurance plans that think about patients as a file number, and not a person. But that's a whole other story...

Today, we learned that Ginger is now 17.2 lbs (25-50 percentile), 28" tall/long (90-95 percentile), and head circumfrence is 45 cms (90-95 percentile). All of these are normal and are coming along to her growth all along, according to doc, so I'm happy to hear that!

Though our insurance has been a mess while I've been unemployed, what I can say is that our doctor's office has been really, really great. Today, the nurse came in and explained that although usually Ginger gets a total of 3 vacines (two 3-in-1's, and an oral), they were out of one of the 3-in-1 vaccines, meaning that we would need to give her 5 total instead of 3. She asked me if I wanted to come back at the end of the week, or just give Ginger the 5 today. I was hesistent but had already planned around Ginger's shots today, so sadly I told her "I guess we can give her the 5 shots". I wasn't excited about it, and the nurse could tell by the look on my face that I wasn't happy. So she said "let me go prepare the shots". When she came back in, she told me she went to the doctor's office next door and worked out borrowing one of their 3-in-1 vaccines, and she would repay them when they received their shipment by the end of the week. WHO does this anymore these days? This nurse is so sweet and loving with Ginger, and although no parent likes to see their child in pain, she does everything she can to deliver them gently and smoothly.

Here is a pic of Ginger post-shots, of course I've saved the bandaids of all her shots so far, and these are keepers too.


The expression here is priceless, you know she is thinking "mom took me to get shots today and all I got were these bandaids?!?"

No comments: