Sunday, July 25, 2010

It's a......GIRL!

On Thursday Paul and I FINALLY were able to have our 2nd ultrasound completed and found out that we are being blessed with another sweet baby girl. I say finally because in hindsite, we should have just made an appointment at our 4D ultrasound place to find out earlier, like we had with Ginger. I think because you pay there, the staff is just more warm, friendly, and gives you a moment of excitement, and generally seems like they care. In the situation this time, not so much. We had an overworked 6 foot tall amazon woman who seemed more interested in getting the shots she needed to get this "over with" than providing an experience. So, if we do this again, we'll definitely go to our 4D place first.

That said, she did take all of her neccessary pics and scans first, and then asked (flatly) "so you want to know what it is?" and we screamed YES! She said, it's a girl! I started laughing, saying "No way" and Paul was just silent with a little smile on his face. We both really did think it was a boy this time around, although in the back of my mind I actually DID know it was a girl. But I didn't trust my intution because with Ginger I really did think it was a boy.

We went out for ice cream after to celebrate, and of course started visualizing our life to be. We shared positive thoughts of a close sister bond, reusing all of Gingers (HUGE bins) of clothes, watching a 2nd girl and their unique differences, etc. We also talked about what scared us a little, having the expense of a 2nd wedding, the fright of a 2nd PMSing teenager, and the crazy squabbels that I'm SURE Ginger and her little sis will have. But I think overall we are more pleased than anything that we know, we can plan, visualize, and dream over the next 20 more weeks until baby arrives.

We picked up Ginger afterwards and told her the good news that she is getting a sister. She seemed happy enough, but yesterday I went out and bought her her first baby doll (girl) that takes a bottle, laughs, and cries, and she has NOT let it go. She is even napping right now with it in her crib. When I told her it was nap time, she squeezed it tight and looked at me with these eyes of "can I Pleeeease sleep with her?" and I couldn't resist. She laid right down in her crib and squeezed baby doll tightly and kissed her on the cheek as I exited the room.

Ginger is going to make a great big sister, we just know it. We are SO blessed and thankful for where we are in our lives right now. It is so exciting!

1 comment:

Rhona Joyce said...

So excited for you, sis!