Thursday, June 4, 2009

4 month vaccinations

You wouldn't know Ginger is my daughter by the way she takes her shots- she is a CHAMP! Today we went in for her 4 month vaccinations (late again, but this time I had an appointment that was rescheduled by the doctor) and it went well. Ginger is now 26 inches long/tall, weighs in at 14.1 lbs, which is good progress. She didn't make a peep the entire visit(other than a few chuckles while we were waiting for the nurse to come in). At the end of the visit is when they give the shots, I held her hands and watched her face, and it was amazing. On the first shot, I didn't even know it was given because Ginger didn't even notice it! On the second shot, she whimpered for a few seconds, shed maybe two tears, and was over it. She was back to smiling in no time.

I don't have problems taking shots now, but boy when I was a kid I remember throwing fits when I had to take a shot! Let's hope this ambivalence continues- I would be so lucky! Here she is waiting for doc to come see us...

2 comments:

kymberli q. said...

Wow, she is a trooper! Good job, Ginger!! She must be on a different vaccine plan? Riley had 4 or 5 on the 4 month visit...the nurse said, "Good news, one less than last time." Yeah, that won't matter much to my daughter...that's still a bunch! LOL

Wendy G said...

hmm, i don't know- she is on the regular routine! However, one of the shots is a 3-in-1 deal- 3 different vaccinations in one vile. And she had another vaccine too- but they make it in an oral version so Ginger can drink it instead of taking it as a shot. So I'm guessing that may be why it sounds different. She only had 2 shots and an oral vaccine on her first visit too!