Friday, June 19, 2009

Father's Day Project...

I am not the craftiest person in the world, but when I saw a friend put together this cute father's day gift for her husband, I figured it was something I could attempt. So, this morning, Ginger and I went over to Michaels and picked up all of the necessary supplies. During her morning nap, I painted and glittered the letters, and thought that they turned out pretty cool. Boy, was I a dummy in so many ways. First, I should have realized that these letters would go right into Ginger's mouth! By the end of our photo shoot, she had glitter in her hair, on her face, on all parts of her skin, and I even had to pry a little glitter out of her mouth! Ugh. Lesson #1-Wait on glitter until baby gets a little older! Second mistake is not having a plan on the outfit until after I had chosen the color for the letters. The idea popped into my head to have her wear her Osh Kosh overalls with no undershirt, right after I had painted the letters blue. So they are not as "stand out"ish as I was anticipating. But it still turned out cute...

The photo shoot, well, it was a bit of a disaster. I really ended it thinking "Oh well, I guess this didn't work out for us". Ginger was not as smiley as she sometimes is, and the letters and feather boa were causing so much distraction for her!! I laughed at the end, as I was looking around and seeing glitter all over her, our comforter, the floor, and my face, thinking that this would be one for the books- the uncraftiest mom giving up on a father's day craft.

Well, turns out a lot of the photos I took right at the beginning came out great. After a FUN swim with Ginger, I put her down for a nap and got to reviewing the photos, and selecting the images for the frame. I have to admit- I'm pretty proud of how it turned out, seeing as though I had a lot of doubt throughout the whole project.

I CANNOT WAIT to give this gift to Paul! He is going to melt, I just know it!





Here are a few that didn't make the cut, but are still good memories for me!

She looooooooooves her new boa!

I love the pucker in this shot:

These are her "Tyra" eyes, for anyone who watches America's Next Top Model, LOL...

D is for Darling....

OR D is for Diva...

3 comments:

Jumping Lizard Girl said...

OH, my gosh! This is great. I love this project. I was going to do something similar for Mother's Day for the Grandma's but I never got around to it. I'm so glad you did. I know Paul is going to melt, too. ADORABLE!

Kristin said...

What a great idea! The pictures came out really cute!

Michelle said...

what a cute idea! I'll steal it to use next year!