Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day...

We had a great time celebrating Paul's first Father's Day yesterday. The weather was beautiful- sunny with beautiful clouds, warm, and perfect. In the morning, I made Paul cinnamon rolls and coffee, and snuck Ginger in bed with us where she played with Daddy's goatee until he woke up. That was her way of wishing him a happy Father's Day and he was all smiles seeing her laying in between us. He opened presents after breakfast, and as expected fell in love with the Dad frame Ginger and I put together. Later in the day, our friends Dan and Melissa came over, and brought their 2 month old baby boy, Cade, and we all hung out outside and ate a fabulous barbque lunch of blue cheese burgers, potato and macaroni salad, chips, and cheesecake for dessert. Paul, Ginger and I went swimming before her nap, and she is really starting to enjoy playing in the water!

All in all, it was a fabulous day. We were having so much fun that I forgot to pull out my camera to capture some shots, which I am a little sad about now. But all in all, I am so grateful to have such a wonderful father for Ginger, and such an awesome husband, that my mind will remember this day forever, and that's good enough for me!

No comments: