Saturday, June 20, 2009

Dreamy milestone...

Just a cute little story- Ginger has a baby aquarium in her crib that she loves- it lights up in a soothing blue color, has cute swinging monkeys, and it plays lullabies. There is a big button shaped like a parrot on the front that is pushed to turn on the aquarium, and once an infant is old enough, they can push it themselves while in their crib if they want some entertainment.

So, Ginger and I have been working on her figuring out that she can do this herself. I take her little hand and with her little fingers, I show her the on/off button, and I swear we've done it together at least 50 times now, but she has yet to actually push the button herself.

Well, last night she hit that milestone, in the most adorable way. At about 3:30am, I hear through the baby monitor the aquarium lullabies playing in her room. I jump out of bed, thinking that she finally did it, although I did consider that it was a peculiar time for her to figure this out. As I sneak into her room, I see her fast asleep, with her arm straight up in the air, resting on the aquarium. It was pretty clear that this wasn't a purposeful move, so I gently lowered her arm and turned it off. I kind of chuckled as I got back in bed- our little girl finally did it herself, she just didn't know it. Kind of a dreamy milestone- what a cutie!

No comments: