Saturday, June 13, 2009

Celebrating 5 months with baby Ginger...

Today is Ginger's 5 month birthday, and we celebrated in style! She and I went to the mall and walked around, did a little shopping, and picked up some of her (heh-hem, I mean my) favorite candy- chocolate covered gummy bears from Sweet Factory. We're working on her letting mommy try on more than 2 things in the dressing room before she's "over it", but even when she's in that mood I love her too.

There are a lot of moments that I am loving about being a mom, that you just can't capture on photo/video. Last night, Paul was at a car show (surprise, surprise!) and so it was just me and Ginger. After giving her a bath and getting her in her jammies, we went into the nursery and read books together, and then she fell asleep in my arms as I sang her lullabies. Watching the silouette of her face with the nightlight in the background, peacefully sleeping while in my arms, is why being a mom is the best job I've ever had. I am filled with joy when I am with her, and even though people tell you these kind of stories, until you experience for yourself it really is hard to imagine how wonderful it really is.

Anyhow, enough for now, dere is a little slide show of some of our favorite moments over the past 5 months.

2 comments:

kymberli q. said...

Happy 5 months, Ginger Lauren! You are so loved!

Unknown said...

Are you kidding me right now?? Brought me to tears!!! Love it!! Favorite pictures, the one where Ginger is laying down smiling with what looks like milk running out of the side of her mouth! The other fav picture is her with her bandaids on each leg, must have been those awful shots. And lastly, the one where you Wendy are smiling at Ginger and your faces are so close and she is smiling!! Love it!