Thursday, December 18, 2008

Doctor's Appt- 36 weeks

All went well today at my doctor's appointment, despite a crazy morning at work, to say the least. I really can't even explain how excited I am to go for my weekly ultrasounds, to see Ginger's progress and growth. Incredible.

Today, my doctor told me that she is approximately 6 lbs., 8 oz. and depending on the next 4 weeks or so, she could gain as much as 2lbs or so (usually 1/2 lb a week is normal at this point). So she won't be a tiny baby, but as long as I don't hold onto her for more than 4 weeks (and deliver on time) than she should be about 8 to 8 1/2 lbs, which is the weight that both Paul and I were when we were babies.

We also got to see her face today, and even doc commented on what a sweet face Ginger has. You never really know if they say that to all of their patients, but I sure agree- she has the CUTEST little nose and face, and I can't wait to see her in person!

All of her organs and limbs checked out well, too, and yes, even today she gave doc a run for her money, as she was kicking and turning and moving all over the place.

My blood pressure was slightly elevated today, but considering the crazy day I had earlier, my doc wasn't surprised. She had me retested and the BP had reduced a bit by the end of the appointment, so all was good. Lots of lab work done today too, all normal.

So, even though normal doesn't make for the most "exciting" blog postings, it makes me incredibly happy! Doc officially pulled me off work today because of my swollen sausage feet, so I get to start collecting SDI right away (well, after a 1 week waiting period).

2 comments:

Jumping Lizard Girl said...

I still can't believe you're almost to the end! Time went by so quickly.

Oh, and I meant to comment on another post about Ginger moving so much. I remember reading the same things about the baby not having much room to move but I swear both Flynn and Dixie moved more in the last months than at any time during the pregnancy. They were moving around whether they had room or not. And it was really uncomfortable sometimes...especially at night when I was trying to sleep. I love that you guys were talking to her and that she calmed after she heard Paul's voice...so, so sweet!

Jumping Lizard Girl said...

love the new page!