Friday, December 12, 2008

SCORE!!!!

I am bouncing off the wall right now, thrilled at my super deal I just landed without even trying. I have been eyeing a rocking chair and ottoman for some time now, in fact I was debating between two (rather expensive) options, but felt that it would be worth it somehow to make this investment for Ginger, and our next baby.

Well my friend Jaime actually had one of the rocking chairs, and once I sat in it at her house, I knew that this was the chair I wanted. She loves it and uses it often, so I knew it was the right move.

When I called Babies R Us about a week and a half ago, they mentioned that they no longer sold it in their store, but that if I came in they could have it shipped from the distribution center to the store. I lagged on getting around to it, because I would have had to go in, pay for it, and wait 12-14 days for it to come in. I've just been busy and haven't gotten around to it.

Well, wouldn't you know- I went online tonight to Babies'R'Us website, and the chair and ottoman are clearenced priced at 50% off!!!!!! The chair is normally $400, and it was priced at $200. And the ottoman is normally $150, and it was priced at $75.

Check out how it all worked out for me:
Chair ($200) (reg $400)
Ottoman ($75) (reg $150)
coupon: $25 off $150 or more (-$25)
3 gift cards I have been storing:
(-$85)
(-$50)
(-$25)

Shipping to my home ($100)
(yes, this is a killer, but the store
couldn't offer me the clearence price)

TOTAL: ($190)

$190 dollars for the set! YAHOO!!!!!! I was seriously about to pay $550 plus tax to the store, and have to go pick it up (well, have Paul pick it up). Now it is coming TO MY DOOR for $190. And it's ADORABLE!!!

Can you tell I am one happy mommy?? I'll make sure to take a pic of the set when it arrives.

No comments: