Monday, December 22, 2008

Ready to rock

First, let me show you what the box looked like when the rocking chair arrived. Deal or no deal, I expected my new rocking chair to be delivered in good condition, and I about cried when I saw how it was handled. There is always (ALWAYS) something to be said for buying and picking up locally, despite me being an avid online shopper.





Well, after Paul came home from work, he unpacked the rocking chair (we already had received the ottoman) and all was well. Here it is- I just melt when I sit in it and imagine Ginger in my arms! I can't wait to read to her, rock her, and just stare at her from my new comfy chair and ottoman. Plus, it being such a good deal, I'm satisfied that I paid a fair price for it too. Paul thinks it's huge, but you know what, I love it. It'll grow on him :)

(PS excuse the mess- we're still figuring out where we'll put all of the other baby stuff)


4 comments:

kymberli q. said...

It looks nice and comfy! Glad it was in good condition!

Jumping Lizard Girl said...

Oh, it looks so comfy! You will LOVE having this. You will spend many, many sweet moments in this chair.

And the baby stuff somehow ends up taking over your house...there is never a place for everything. :)

Anonymous said...

That looks so cozy and warm. You will be in heaven with Ginger in that chair!!!

Anonymous said...

Wendy!!! We have the same chair! My husband played video games in it before the baby arrived and was sad to let it go! It is the most comfortable chair ever!!! I am usually rocking the baby and dozing off in it! I will say I am VERY jealous of the deal you got! Enjoy! Can't wait to see pics of Ginger!
Megan McEachern Hopper