Wednesday, January 7, 2009

39 week doctors appointment

Well, it's official- we have a delivery date arranged! This morning I went to see my doctor for the 39 week appointment, and she says I am looking good. 2 cm dilated, the baby is a healthy weight, and I could go at any time. She did discuss with me that this is the 3rd visit in a row that I've lost between 1-2 pounds, mysteriously. I have noticed a BIT of swelling decreasing in my ankles, but I also felt like that was because I haven't been working full time in the past few weeks, and have had the chance to relax more. Even so, with the fluid scare we had earlier, Dr. wants to be cautious about any further weight decrease, so she has scheduled me for an induction on January 13th unless Ginger wants to come on her own sooner.

That means we have 6 days. It is really, really real now. What can I manage to accomplish in the next 6 days? Paul is working like a mad man trying to get a sand rail project done before Ginger comes, it's a huge side job that will bring in much needed supplementary income to my disability income, so let's hope he can get it done in time!

Funny side note- I am not superstitious in the least, but I can already imagine sharing this news (the 13th being her due date) with Paul's mom, who is the most superstitious person I know. I'm already prepared with the number of Fridays that Ginger's birthday will fall on Friday the 13th by the time she is 18- it will happen 4 times (age 3 in 2012, age 8 in 2017, age 14 in 2023, and age 17 in 2026). Now, of course, I could be induced on the 13th, but not actually deliver till the 14th, depending on how everything works out. But it was funny that this is something I'm already preparing to discuss with Paul's mom- she's a funny one. :)

I'm going to try to post one more pic of my ginormous belly before next week- I want to make sure to capture the FULL scope of the girth that is Ginger Lauren in my tummy...I'm getting my highlights touched up tomorrow (as I'm pretty sure I won't have a lot of time after she's born) so maybe we'll take some shots after that!

No comments: