Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ginger's first dunk...

a real bath has been accomplished! HUGE kudos to Auntie Shanna for the awesome bathtub she gave us at our shower. This tub has a thermometer gauge on it, and we were surprised at how warm a baby would prefer their bathwater. Being first time parents, we proabably would have errored on the side of caution without it and used lukewarm water, which would have caused Ginger to scream (as she hates being cold). However, we found that with the thermometer we were able to feel good about the warmth of the water, and Ginger LOVED her bath time! She didn't cry once, which we were surprised about (it even warned in the instructions of the bathtub that we might experience some tears.)

The tub also has a system where you run the water continuously, with little plugs on the bottom that drain the soapy/dirty water, and keeps the bath full of clean water. My mom and dad always laugh at us with some of these new inventions (like the wipe warmer-Ginger loves it but my folks crack up about it). But I swear they make life just a little bit easier for new parents!

We gave Ginger her first big bath the night before her photo shoot, which I can't WAIT to share with you. We have the proofing session on Saturday so I don't have anything to share until then, but trust me when I tell you that these photos are going to be AMAZING. The photography studio was absolutely incredible- I'll post more about it when I have the photos back...

until then, a few shots of the splish-splash event!




No comments: