Saturday, January 17, 2009

Thoughts from a new mommy...

First, most will know that new mommies don't have much time to blog, so I'll have to keep this short and sweet. We've been having such an amazing first few days and I still cannot believe how blessed we are with this amazing baby girl.Here are a few unique things I've learned about Ginger so far:

1) She is a day sleeper (which, in turn, means that she is a bit of a party animal at night!) I knew plenty of people who told me that we should enjoy our sleep before she was delivered- they were not kidding! She does enjoy feeding, then sleeping though, so as long as we can figure out why she's fussy at night, then she's quick to solve and we've already had more than a few special nighttime moments.

2) I love seeing her milk drunk. Someone told me this phrase and it couldn't be more appropriate. She is an EAGER breastfeeder, many of the lactation consultants at the hospital even commented on that. I have been blessed with a little girl who likes to eat and eat and eat and she latches well. The phrase "milk drunk" refers to her after state- which includes moments with wide eyes and a euphoric state of mind (it seems, at least). She is so happy after feedings and it makes me so happy to be able to provide for her in that way.

3) Since she's an eager eater, you better believe she is quite the pooper. I even had to ask the doctor yesterday about it, because she poops almost every time I change her diaper. Her first 24 hours at the hospital, she pooped 7 times! She poops at least 7-10 times a day since, but doctor said it's a good thing, that her system is strong and all that milk has to go somewhere.

Here is a new pic of that milk drunk state- she is such a cutie pie!!

2 comments:

Jumping Lizard Girl said...

I LOVE HER!!!!

Michelle said...

Just found your blog. Congrats on your beautiful girl! I too love the milk drunk stage. It is such a rewarding feeling.