Monday, May 4, 2009

A Day at the Arboretum...

Ginger and I visited the Arboretum today, and had so much fun meeting up with 3 other mommies and 4 other babies (although one is a toddler now). I grew up just a few blocks from the Arboretum in Arcadia, but never really appreciated it, as there was always trips with summer day camp, school field trips, etc. I grew up with peacocks on my lawn, and in my trees, and was mostly annoyed growing up with their sound/call they make!

Today was beautiful- it was really warm, felt just like spring, in fact! Spending time with other moms is really, really nice. We all can share stories about our trials as new moms- stuff that others might not be interested in. Ginger and I had a cute little mishap- I was wearing a dark red linen top, and she decided to drool/take a catnap on my shoulder. When I lifted her off to put her in the stroller- guess who had a bright red/fuschia face? Yes, the dye must have transferred (via drool) to her face, making for quite the rasberry looking child. Note to self- remember the burp cloth even when baby doesn't need to burp- for her own good!




No comments: