Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ginger's new blanket!

I've learned my lesson- you should really resist washing a handmade crocheted blanket in the washing machine, even on the delicate cycle. Ginger's godmother, Shanna, made a beauuuutiful blanket for Ginger- she was even crocheting it in the delivery room while we were waiting for Ginger to arrive! You've probably seen it in a ton of pictures- as we play on it all the time. I was so sad when I took it out of the washing machine to find a huge hole in the middle of it, and as I prepared to tell Shanna I just felt horrible.

Well, of course Auntie Shanna came to the rescue and made us a new blanket! One that I can't ruin- I can put it in the wash, on normal cycle, and it will actually help the edges fray more and look even cuter. When she was telling me about her new blanket idea over the phone, I was excited, but I cannot even BELIEVE how cute the blanket turned out. I love, love, love it. I told her she could seriously sell these!!

The best part about this blanket is that Shanna used the fabrics I had saved/left over from Ginger's crib bedding, so it coordinates with that, and Ginger will also have a memory saved of her crib bedding when she no longer needs a crib.

I tell her this all the time- but Shan you are the BEST godmother a little girl (and her mom) could ask for. We love you and thank you SO much for the adorable blanket!!

(click on this picture below to expand the pic, so you can see the detail of how cute this blanket is!!)




2 comments:

Kristin said...

What a totally cute blanket! What a great godmother!

kymberli q. said...

Totally cute! And yes, she could sell them! So talented!