Thursday, September 25, 2008

First day on the (new) job

I really, really enjoyed my first day at the County offices today. I was strangely nervous, more so than any other job I've ever started, as I'm now obviously 6 months pregnant, and you just never know how you will be recieved. I'm proud to say that I was warmly welcomed by genuine, sincere new coworkers who solidified for me that I'd made the right choice, despite the timing.

I was thrown a "welcome to the team!" lunch, attended by about 10 people, and was ushered around and met at least 50 people today (whew!) I have a great corner office, with huge windows that overlook downtown Riverside, which is a nice upgrade for me. I felt like I walked miles today, as the County offices have several buildings within blocks of each other, and we were going here, then there, then over to the other, than back again. Lots of walking, which I suppose is part of working in a downtown environment. I love it- and I'm sure I'll love it more once I'm back from maternity leave and need to work in exercise whenever I can!

1 comment:

Jumping Lizard Girl said...

An office?!? WOW!!! Livin' it up at the County! :) GOOD FOR YOU!