Thursday, September 11, 2008

Friends with good taste!

Today, Paul brought in the mail when he got home and said that there was a package for Baby G. Yes, actually addressed to Baby G!! This was a first, I believe, as most everything I've gotten so far has technically been addressed to me, so it was fun to see that Baby G's first piece of mail had arrived! My good friend Jovita sent it over, and I have the greatest story to share.

Earlier in my blog, I posted about the first purchase for our baby girl, a little white and blue butterfly dress. Well, Jovita also purchased this dress for her little girl (Dixie), sort of remembering that she saw it somewhere, but couldn't remember where until she read my blog again and realized that I had bought it too! Here is Dixie in her dress (hope you don't mind, Jovita!!)


Anyhoo, what makes this story funny is what came in Baby G's package today. Jovita sent me two little onesies and a little birdie rattle. One of them is an ADORABLE brown polkadot onsie with "peace" on the front, with the birdie. Can you believe that the other day, I stopped by Old Navy after I completed my registry, and bought this very same onesie, in the exact same color and size! This is when you KNOW your friends have good taste- we are buying the same outfits for Baby G and don't even realize it! I was cracking up, and I love it so much that I'm keeping them both. She'll be a really peaceful child (God willing!) Check it out:



Another cool part of this care package for Baby G is the 2nd onesie she sent. An adorable argyle onesie with the same little birdie on it (this is one that I didn't see in my Old Navy). The cool part about this one is that in very small writing under the birdie, it has the date "1964" printed. Interesting fact- everyone knows that Paul is into classic cars and hot rods, but 1964 is his favorite, favorite year for these cars, as we own a 1964 Ford Galaxie, as well as a 1964 Skylark. So he is in love with the year 1964. Which makes this onesie so appropriate as well.




You're the best Jovita. Thank you for brightening my day- I love little surprises like this!

2 comments:

Jumping Lizard Girl said...

I knew there was a possibility you would have something I sent...that's why I included the gift receipt AND that's why I mailed it now instead of waiting for the shower. :) I am so in love with that little bird...it's big in scrapbooking right now so I was super-excited to see it on clothing.

I bought the the same outfits and rattle for Dixie, too! We're going to have twinsies a lot, I'm sure of it.

I love the story about the 1964 onesie! Too cool!

It's FUN shopping for baby stuff. I just love it! I'm trying to wait for the shower but sometimes I just can't help myself.

kymberli q. said...

That little onesie is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!! I love it! The story behind it is cool too! And what a cute name - Dixie!