Thursday, September 11, 2008

To tell, or not to tell?

So, we have narrowed our baby girl's first name down to 2 or 3, with 1 being the clear winner, if we can just figure out a good middle name to go with it. We're stuck there right now, the first name is unique (no, not "Apple" unique, but let's just say not totally contemporary like Madison, etc) so it's proving difficult to find just the right middle name.

We've told some people a few of the names already, and of course our #1 choice usually gets the most positive feedback. But once we've landed on it, meaning no turning back, should it become public knowledge? I remember a coworker of mine at Starbucks telling everyone that they were not sharing the name until the baby was born, and I thought that was so odd...but now that I'm pregnant, I totally get it. Funny how that works sometimes.

Anyhow, enough people have heard the possibility of the name, that I'm sure we'll end up sharing it. If we could just figure out a middle name, then I'm sure we'll have more confidence in sharing...

1 comment:

Jumping Lizard Girl said...

If you tell, you do have to have thick skin to put up with people's comments and opinions. Everyone HATED Dixie but I went with it anyway...she is my child. :) And now, all of a sudden, everyone loves the name (so they say at least). :) I once didn't want to tell in case someone stole it but luckily no one ever did. Either way, it's your choice...but can I be in the secret? LOL!