Friday, September 5, 2008

Furniture and Fabric- on it's way!

The nursery furniture has been purchased and is on it's way! I ended up picking the espresso finish and can't wait to see how it looks when it arrives. We selected a crib, changer, dresser, and corner bookcase, which should fit just perfectly in the nursery. I'm really happy we were able to find solid, hardwood pieces of furniture, and the crib will convert into a toddler bed, and then a full size bed, as our lovely lady grows! That is, unless we need to use the crib again for baby #2. We'll take a few years on that, though...

I've also decided to have the crib bedding custom made, as I just can't seem to find anything online or in stores that really suits our taste. We're going with a vintage surfer girl theme and I've found the PERFECT fabric! It's a vintage Dean Miller print, you can't even find it anymore, I just happened to come across a website that has 9 yards of it left (Dakine Decor) and I scooped up the whole remenant! I've contacted a company that does great custom bedding, and will be selecting one or two more secondary fabrics (probably fluffy solid chenilles) to compliment the primary hibiscus fabric. I've had a ton of fun putting this design into motion, I can't wait to see how it turns out! I'll make sure to take pictures of the progress (aka Paul the painter) and the final outcome! In the meantime, here is a sneak peek of the furniture, and the vintage hibiscus fabric!





2 comments:

Jumping Lizard Girl said...

LOVE it! Great choice. The fabric is lovely. Such awesome parents already. :) I can't wait to see it all complete.

kymberli q. said...

Beautiful furniture and the fabric is cute!