Friday, April 10, 2009

Angel kisses...

When Ginger was born, she had two little red marks on her face- one in between her eyebrows, and one over 1 eyelid. Initially I was concerned that these would develop into birthmarks, and asked the doctor about them. He said they were called "stork bites" and that they usually dissapear by the time the baby has reached 1 year of age.

As I was looking at a few pictures I took of her recently, I decided to research "stork bites" to learn more about them. It turns out that when they appear on the baby's eyelids, they can also go by the term "angel kisses" as angels were kissing them while they were in the womb, sleeping. I like this explanation a LOT better and now when I see these marks on Ginger's face, I smile and am happy. :)

Here are a few recent pics of her in a dress (which is pretty rare to see, as mommy doesn't dress her frilly too often!) She won't get to wear it on Easter, as she recieved another (even more frilly) dress, so we decided to have her wear it before she grew out of it!





2 comments:

kymberli q. said...

Yep, same with Riley. My pediatrician gave me both terms. The woman pediatrician (it's a husband and wife team) has a Disney character sounding voice, so it was pretty cute when she was explaining the terms while talking to Riley. LOL

Ginger looks cute in the dress! I can't believe you don't dress her frilly or with bows or whatnot. I totally thought you would! I never thought I would if I had a baby girl, but I do! So funny! LOL

Take a pic of Ginger in the other too...so we can see the even "frillier" one! :)

Wendy G said...

you know what, I just haven't found the right bows- i was given a few but they're not as cute as the ones you have for Riley. And I guess "frilly" sounds condescending, but I didn't mean it that way! I suppose this stems from my two nieces (on Paul's side) who are ADDICTED to Disney princess EVERYTHING, and I just want Ginger to be able to be who she wants to be. I know, I know, I'm putting WAY too much thought into this :)