Sunday, April 12, 2009

grateful.

One of the blogs that I follow regularly is the story of matt and madeline (and liz) http://www.mattlogelin.com/archives/2009/04/10/words-escape-me/ . Matt and Liz (who are complete strangers to me, I found their blog on another blog list I follow) were married and delivered a baby girl, and within hours Matt lost his beautiful wife Liz to a pulmonary embolism...so now Matt is raising Madeline on his own, and has a truly amazing blog about the day to day thoughts of raising this little girl on his own. Every single time I read his blog, I consider myself grateful for my health, Paul's health, and Ginger's health. I always get up from the computer, go give Paul a squeeze, and kiss my baby girl. I am so blessed.

Well, today's post on Matt's blog gave me another reason to be truly grateful. It appear that Matt became friends with a follower of his blog, and this couple (Heather and Mike) had a beautiful little baby girl named Maddie too. He was even able to meet with them and let the two girls have playdates in the park.

Heather and Mike tragically lost Maddie 3 days ago. These are complete strangers to me, and yet I shed tears just reading about the news. You can find their blog here: http://www.remembermaddie.com/ It reminds me that when I think this new mom thing is tough, it can't possibly compare with the tragedy of losing my little one. I am so grateful for everything I have been blessed with- and this recent news of the loss of Maddie is a sobering lesson for me tonight.

Tonight, Paul and I ordered a pay-per- view movie (which we never do- $5.99 is ridiculous!) but little Ginger decided she wanted to talk, talk, talk through the first 30 minutes. Can you believe for a moment I was trying to quiet her so that we could watch the movie? I finally decided to give up on the movie, and spent some time in the nursery rocking with Ginger and having her fall asleep in my arms. After reading these blogs I'm glad I did- Steve Carrey will be there tomorrow (good ol' TIVO) and I'm just so grateful for the time that I have with her, and that she is healthy and happy. We are so very blessed!

1 comment:

Jumping Lizard Girl said...

I saw Matt on Oprah this week (or last). I have visited his blog by linking in through you. Very touching. Even more touching - and amazing - in person (on tv, of course). I'll have to check out his blog again. I didn't know about his friends. Loss of children (and parents) always pull at my heartstrings. Thanks for sharing this.