Saturday, November 29, 2008

Random Thoughts

*My belly is officially sitting on my thighs- what a weird feeling!

*turning over (in bed, on the couch, anywhere really) has become quite the workout. I have admitedly turned into a "huffer and puffer" and Paul chuckles at all of my noises I make when moving these days.

*I had my first "hospital" dream last night- although I think it was a bit off from the real experience! I went in, 6 weeks early, and was put on a SHARED table with 20 other women who were all simultaneously in different stages of labor. Mine was false labor, but just seeing these other women at different points scared the crap out of me! Good thing this doesn't really happen!

*I'm beginning to look like Alvin the Chipmunk, storing nuts in my cheeks for the wintertime look. Luckily, Paul and I have a running joke that works for me- every day, he passes by and comments "did I tell you that you are beautiful today?" in a lighthearted tone that just makes me crack up. He's such a good support to me!

*I think I should invest in TUMS. If interested, I think the Tums Smoothies 750mg are the best. Berry flavored.

*I'm considering bringing my own hospital gown with me when we deliver. I've been looking at a few different styles (with varying prices) and I'm tempted. I know some moms will say that it wouldn't have made a difference to them, and other moms who will say they wish they had them around when they delivered. They are just sooo cute, and look so much more comfortable than the ones I've been given at Kaiser so far, so we'll see.

*Only 3 weeks until I am off for my maternity leave! I was granted permission to leave 4 weeks prebirth, and then 12 weeks after birth, so I'll be gone for 4 months. YAHOO!!

*tomorrow, I might just start to pack my hospital bag. I still have 6 weeks or so to go, but you never know if she comes early, and knowing me i will definitely want some "must have" items at the hospital with me.

*I played with the car seat and stroller today, and had fun picturing Ginger in them. I love the Chicco system that I registered for- it was a consumer reports best buy and I definitely know why! It is so easy to use, that I ended up using the stroller today to transport some of my laundry that was too heavy to carry. So much fun.

OK, enough thinking for now. My memory is almost shot so I figured if I didn't get it all out now, I may not have some of these thoughts again. I want to make sure to document these funny things for Ginger's baby book, so when I'm old and gray I can laugh at myself!

1 comment:

Jumping Lizard Girl said...

Oh so cute! :)

*Believe it or not, I had a real-life experience like your dream. Of the many times I was sent to the hospital while pregnant with Dixie, I was sen to Mary Birch (here in San Diego and the WORST place to deliver if you ask me...thank god I didn't deliver there). Anyway, they always put me in triage which is where they put all pregnant women...all in various stages of pregnancy. It's not private by any means so you can hear everyone else in triage and some of them were in different stages of labor...and you heard everything! Some women were seriously about to have the baby yet there they sat in triage (screaming) while they waited for a doctor. Horrible...just horrible.

*I love the gown idea! Those regulation hospital gowns are dreadful. Anything personalized will bring such joy to you while you're there. I say DO IT! :)

*Oh yes, my bag was packed by month 3 when I was pregnant with Flynn and at month 6 with Dixie. :) Gotta be ready!