Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ginger cast her first presidential ballot!



Well, not technically, but she was along for the ride! Today I had to go out for my pollworker training class at the County registrar of voters office, and I happened to arrive about 20 minutes early. I noticed they were offering early voting there, so we participated and I am so relieved! There seems to be rumors of panic about election day, with the elevated interest and whatnot, so I decided to go ahead and cast my ballot early in order to miss the lines.

The great part about this was there were at least 20 electronic voting machines set up, everything was amazingly organized, lots of people to help, and I literally cast my ballot within 5 minutes. Now, granted, I knew how I was voting on all of the propositions, presidential and senatorial races, etc. but even so it went really fast! Plus these electronic voting machines had a built in paper printout that I was able to see and verify before casting my ballot. So just in case something malfunctions, our vote will still be counted.

Once I was done, I put on my "I Voted" sticker, and I almost felt that Ginger was looking up at me and smiling. She's proud her mommy is a good citizen :)

2 comments:

Jumping Lizard Girl said...

Oh yes, she is! And what a great example you are setting.

kymberli q. said...

Hmmm....I wonder who you voted for? ;)